Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I-800A Is On the Way!

I mailed off our I-800A application today! We are FINALLY moving again! We went out to dinner to celebrate this milestone. This is a big stack of papers, which took a lot of work and effort to put together, and it really felt good to finally get it in the mail. Last night I held the stack up to Paul and I said "Do you know how important this pile of paper is?"

He replied "Yep, that's a baby!" :)

I've been hearing that there have been hold-ups with this part of the process and it can take as long as 3 months, but I'm praying hard that it will go smoothly (and quickly)! Once we get our approval we can have our Virginia documents notarized, then sent to be state certified, then the last of our documents will go to D.C. to be authenticated by the consulate. Once that's done our entire dossier is off to China!!

0 comments: