Friday, January 30, 2009

And They're Off!

Our dossier is FINALLY on it's way to our agency and out of my hands! After 8 months of working on it, this feels so GOOD!!!!!

Philip will take care of the rest of the embassy authentications for me (since I didn't have any luck with the embassy in Houston, and I don't have time to deal with D.C. since we are moving to California on Monday), then send it to China where it will be translated, then passed on to the CCAA (the agency in China that handles all adoptions). Then the CCAA will give us our LID!

So this is what our dossier looks like; 8 months of work boils down to this:Included in the dossier is the following:
*Our 8-page homestudy
*A certified copy of our USCIS I-800A approval
*A "cover letter" to China
*Proof of Employment for Paul
*A "Letter of Marketplace Unemployment" for me
*A Certificate of Property
*Physicals for Paul and me
*Criminal Record Checks for both of us from each State/place we've lived in for the past 5 years
*A certified copy of our Marriage Certificate
*Certified copies of our Birth Certificates
*Copies of our passports
*2 passport photos for each of us
*6 candid photos

It's actually a weird feeling letting all of those precious papers out of my hands after working so hard on them for so long, but I know they're a whole lot safer in Philip's hands right now than here in this house with the move going on next week!

So farewell dossier, and good luck!!

0 comments: