Friday, January 9, 2009

No news...

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, but I really don't have any news to share. Everything is still on hold, waiting for that I-800A approval to come from the USCIS. I did call the Department of State the other day to ask about how to authenticate documents signed by the military (Paul had a couple documents signed by a JAG officer, and they don't have a "normal" notary commission. For one thing, they don't have a State of commission, so I can't ask any State to authenticate it!). I was told that Paul needs to get a seal from the Navy on the documents, then I can mail them to the D.o.S. and they will authenticate them for us. Hopefully Paul will get the seal today, then I can mail the documents in first thing Monday.

I am getting very nervous about all of this since we will be moving to California very soon. I had originally hoped to have this all done long before now (I had thought we would be logged in with China before the holidays!). Now I'm wondering how I am going to handle all this from hotels on the road- without an address for people to send stuff to me! I am just hoping and praying, with everything I have in me, that the USCIS will help us out and get that approval to us very soon. If we can just get it back before I leave VA, I can drive all of our VA documents out to Richmond to have them State authenticated in person, then mail everything to Philip so he can take over for me. Then I can relax and hit the road in peace! If not, this very important document that took so long to put together, and to get back, will be at the mercy of the USPS as we will not be at this address after February 6th!

Yea, I'm losing sleep over this one!!

0 comments: