Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Worried!

Surprise of all surprises, no one replied to the e-mail that I sent to the Dept. of State yesterday morning. So I got the bright idea to try to track the envelope (I had to send a return FedEx envelope in with the papers so I have the tracking number on my receipt), but FedEx.com said that the envelope has not even left yet. Then I really started to panic! I called the State Dept. yet again (3rd time), but unfortunately the only person you can talk to when you call is the operator. She took my information and submitted it to the Authentications Department and said that "hopefully" someone will call me. That doesn't sound very promising. They had said that it would only take 5 business days to authenticate these documents; we're now on day 10.

Now I've gone from worrying that these papers may be returned after we move (by next Wednesday, one week from today, this house will be empty and we will be gone), to worrying that the papers are lost completely! One of the papers was only Paul's Proof of Employment, which he can easily have redone, but the other 2 were our police clearances from Italy. They took MONTHS to get!

0 comments: