Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing yet

Just wanted to update and say that we still have not gotten "the call" (giving us our official LID), but Philip had said that it would be 2 to 2-1/2 weeks. Today marks the 2-week point, so if we don't hear something today then hopefully early next week.

I'm just getting so anxious and tired of waiting. This entire process just seems to be dragging! Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that the biggest wait is still ahead of us (the possibly 3-year + "paper pregnancy"), but that wait can't even start until we finish this first step (the "paperchase"). I feel I've been as patient as possible, but I wanted to be logged in 6 months ago! I thought that, if I did everything in my power to get things done quickly, we could complete the paperwork in a few months. Then I had to accept the fact that there is a huge majority of this process which I have absolutely no control over, and the people who do have the control simply don't care that this is so important to me. But short of praying hard and wearing my ladybug socks, there is really nothing I can do about it so I try not to obsess (too much)!

0 comments: