Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lantern Festival

Tonight we braved the cold, dreary, miserable weather to check out the local Lantern Festival. Apparently they have done this every year for over 100 years. It is a local tradition, but people come from all over to see it. The Lantern Festival is a weekend event, with activities and festivities all 3 days, but we only went tonight to see the play, which was based on an ancient Chinese tale, and the fireworks. All throughout the town the houses and businesses were decorated with lanterns. It was very beautiful!

1 comments:

Kramer said...

Libby,
I saw the note you posted on our site and wanted to drop by yours! I hope you don't mind, I think I read the whole thing! I saw that Phillip is your family advocate. Last week was the first time we had met since Maria is our FA but was on a mission trip. He was wonderful! I hope that our story helps with your wait as I know exactly how you are feeling. When we started the process in Oct. 2005 we thought that we had a 9-12 month wait ahead of us, boy were we wrong! Now almost 4 years later we were blessed with our beautiful daughter and already I know it was worth every second we waited and every bit of heartache we have been through. My advice for you is to enjoy yourself during the wait and live life to the fullest. Once I realized that I am not in control it made the wait just a little easier. If you ever want to talk email me,
Kramer651@cs.com

Good Luck!
Kim
Waitingonemma.blogspot.com