Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Ladybugs from Japan!

We got another surprise package from my sister-in-law in Japan today! Inside we found the cutest little ladybug outfit for Caitlin, and a ladybug mug:The mug cracked us up because it was apparently translated from Japanese; written on it was (and I quote exactly from the mug): "Everyone loves ladybirds. Because it's small, colorful, and cutty". I love the grammar, but mostly we wondered what "cutty" means. We guessed probably "cuddly", although "cuddly" is not exactly the first adjective that comes to mind when describing a ladybug! I love it!

Also included in the package was what Meghan says is called a "Daruma":She says that you are supposed to make a wish, then color the right eye. When the wish comes true you can color the other eye! I don't know if we are supposed to keep the wish a secret, so I'll just say it was related to Caitlin... and we hope we can color the left eye in very soon!!

Thanks Meghan! (and Greg, and Cora!)

0 comments: