Saturday, May 22, 2010

Update...

I decided I needed to post something (it's been several days since I have), but I really don't have any big news to share, unfortunately. Last Thursday I spent 3 hours on the phone doing a phone conference with our agency and 9 other families who we should be traveling with. However, since our paperwork is not up to date, we almost certainly will not be traveling with them. They are set to travel around the first week of September, but we will be several weeks behind them.

I sent in our I-800A application on Monday, and USCIS received it at 8:30 Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to get a receipt, or something, this coming week from USCIS. Our agency suggested that, hopefully, since we've already been approved for an I-800A once before, things might move faster this time. I hope that's the case!

The very disappointing news last week was that we were told by our agency that if we cannot travel in September, we will have to wait until NOVEMBER!! Apparently China pretty much shuts down for the month of October and families are not allowed to travel to complete adoptions. So I am determined that we are traveling in September, if there's anything I can do to help it! I simply cannot bear the thought of Caitlin having to wait another 2 months to come home.

1 comments:

ASH said...

I will be praying that you will get to China in SEPTEMBER!!