Thursday, June 10, 2010

Frustration

Still no word from USCIS. I sent in our application for our I-800A over 3 weeks ago, but other than receiving our reciept, we haven't heard a thing. I had really hoped to have gotten our fingerprint appointment by now.

Yesterday I tried calling the national customer service number, but after talking to 2 different people (who both informed me that they could not find our paperwork!), I was told that the I-800A is a local matter so I should contact my local office. I'm not sure why I was told to send our application to the national center if it was only going to be sent back to our local office, but who am I to question the government?

Anyway, I asked for the telephone number to our local office so that I could contact them, and was told that our local office has no phone number. Keeping my calm, I then politely asked for an e-mail address, but was again informed that there was none. No fax, either. I apparently have to go online and request an appointment, then drive up to our office to talk to them in person. Our "local" office is over an hour away! So we have to drive all the way up there- just to ask a question? In this day in age?

Now I am more than a little stressed, and extremely frustrated. We are on a serious deadline here; if we cannot get to China by the end of September we will have to wait until November to travel due to the Moon Festival. I cannot bear the thought of poor Caitlin having to wait until November to get her family!

Hopefully our fingerprint appointment will still come this week. If it hasn't come by tomorrow (Friday), I will request an appointment and drive up there next week. Time is ticking here... each day we wait for paperwork means our chances of traveling by the end of September are dwindling...

0 comments: