Monday, June 21, 2010

It Came!!!

Guess what came in the mail today?!?! Our I-800A approval! The mail was just late today, but our agency called this afternoon to say that they had gotten their copy, so they assumed that our original must be on its way to us. Sure enough, about 4 PM the mail finally came and it was in there! I've had the I-800 application packet all set and ready to go; all I needed was that I-800A approval. Tomorrow I will FedEx it all out, and USCIS will have it first thing Wednesday morning.

So basically we are now just caught up to where we were supposed to be back when we first got our referral for Caitlin. This is the paperwork we allowed to expire; we are now up-to-date so we can start with the post-referral paperwork to get us to China.

This next set of paperwork takes an average of about 90 days, so we still have a very slim possibility of traveling in late September. However, unless something starts really moving- and soon, it's looking more and more likely that we will miss the September boat, meaning it will be November (since apparently no one travels in October due to holidays). That just kills me, so I'm still holding out hope- and praying really, really hard that something will happen so that we can go in September...

4 comments:

ASH said...

Oh, I am so glad you finally received it!!! I am still praying that you will be able to get her in September!!!

dimplesanddumplings said...

Awesome news!!!

I know some agencies don't allow travel in October, but it is possible to work around the holiday and the trade fair. I was there in October 2001.

Hopefully, though, things will move faster than anticipated, and October won't even be an issue!

Gayle (mom to a beautiful Jinjiang daughter)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so happy for you. :)
-Kelly

The Mali Chronicles said...

Congrats! We finally got our CA and we are leaving for China on the 15th of July. I can't wait!! I love the updated photos of Caitlin. She is just gorgeous. Any word on when you will be moving to San Diego?