Monday, August 23, 2010

Updated Information on Caitlin

We got some updated information on Caitlin this morning from Ann (the wonderful lady who helped us send the 2 care packages to Caitlin). Apparently Caitlin is up to 23.3 lbs. and 30.3 inches tall. This puts her pretty much smack-dab in the middle of our 12-month clothing sizes, so she's petite!

I'd set aside mostly 18-month clothes to take to China, but now I'm thinking I need to reconsider that. The International Doctor we talked to on the day we were matched back in April warned me of that even back then- she told me not to bring a lot of 18-month clothes (assuming we would travel in August-October) because she guessed Caitlin would be petite.

We didn't get any pictures this time, unfortunately.

3 comments:

dimplesanddumplings said...

My Jinjiang daughter is very petite. She typically wears a size smaller than her age. When I adopted her at 11 months, she weighed 14.5 pounds and wore 3-6 month clothing.

I packed a lot of leggings and t-shirts when I traveled in October 2001. They're very forgiving and easier for crawlers/toddlers to maneuver in. Safety pins are a great thing to pack too.

Invest now in step stools. ;)

Gayle

Carissa said...

So much fun to shop for a girl!!! Keeping ya'll in my prayers!!!
Carissa

Michelle said...

Hey Allie.... just FYI about Caitlin's sizing... Jake is just about where she is and he is in the 18-24 month clothing... he is maybe a 1/2 lb heavier but the same length... the clothes are actually a tad large on him, but the 12 mo stuff is definitely too small... don't know if the girls' clothes run the same as boys', but that is something to consider! Hope you are well!