Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OMG- TA!!!

Our agency just called- my prayers were answered and our Travel Approval just arrived! However, we were told we have some issues. What I heard was right: October and November are literally filled with various holidays, trade fairs, and even the Asian Olympics. If we cannot get in in September or October 7th, then we will have to wait to leave until Thanksgiving Day. I told Mike that I did not want to even think about not leaving until the end of November, so he said he would look into our only other 3 options:

1) We leave next Thursday!!! (OK- PANIC MODE!!)

2) We may have to stay an extra few days to a week if we go in September due to yet another holiday in the middle of the month. This will make our trip 2-1/2 to 3 weeks instead of 2.

3) We go October 7th (IF they can get us a hotel room in Guangzhou), but it will be about double the price.

He said he'd call back tomorrow with an answer...

Now I have to run! I am shaking... I have so much to do, just in case we are leaving in a week!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW that is huge news!!! Keep us updated as you know more please! I will pray for you all...

Smiles, m

ASH said...

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

dimplesanddumplings said...

YAY!!! Saying a prayer that one of the three options works out, and you're as ready as you can be when the time comes!

I met my Jinjiang daughter on October 16, 2001 (TA was delayed by 9/11), and we ended up getting to Guangzhou at the very end of the trade fair. The group before us stayed at a hotel outside of town, but we were able to stay at the White Swan.

Anyway, I wish you all the best!

Gayle