Thursday, December 2, 2010

Caitlin's Surgery- Day 3

They are making moves to try to get us out of here today! They said that Caitlin is doing everything she's supposed to do, her fever is back down to normal, and although she is crying a lot and generally just not happy, it seems to be more due to her frustration than pain.

She has been awake since about 7 AM (so almost 2 hours now); she's been drinking juice and even some broth, so they disconnected her IV. They'll keep an eye on her "output" (i.e.- diapers) to make sure she's getting enough fluids. Her surgeon is supposed to be coming by to give her a thorough checkup, and I guess as long as he's satisfied with what he sees, we'll be discharged!

Caitlin is very restless, so I asked to take her for a little walk. I carried Caitlin and dragged her IV machine all around this floor- this hospital is huge! That seemed to make her a little happier. She pointed at things, and even laughed a little- and tried to "bark" at a dog statue we saw! It made me feel so much better to see some of the "old Caitlin" come out!

We came back by her ward to make sure no one was looking for us, and her nurse disconnected her IV. Now we are waiting for a wagon so I can walk her around again. Maybe we can go find me a Dr. Pepper- I seriously need one, but I can only slip out to the cafeteria when she's sleeping. And I'm typing this with one hand because she hasn't let me put her down since she got up. I just wanted to update everyone on the news so far. I really hope we can go home soon- I think Caitlin will be SO much happier at home!

0 comments: