Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Caitlin's 3rd Birthday!

My little princess turned 3 today. I still can't believe how quickly time with her flies by! My "baby" is not a baby anymore... It makes me a little sad, but I'm also very excited to watch her continue to grow into one amazing little girl.

Caitlin is talking up a storm, in sentences mostly (although not always grammatically correct, but it's incredible to see how far she's come since starting speech therapy back in June!). She knows every shape that I know, most of the animals that I know, all the colors, recognises all the letters and says the alphabet, and can count and recognise numbers up to 20.

She loves music; Caitlin sings many songs all by herself, and loves to dance. She dreams of being a ballerina (or an astronaut, depending on the day!)... I'm getting her into a dance class soon!

She is a master of puzzles, Her favorite "toy" is still books, and she enjoys "reading" her favorites out loud.

She is still very much a "girly-girl"; I'm not sure if she's more princess or diva, but she's cute either way! She loves getting dressed up, she wants her hair braided every morning, enjoys getting her toenails painted, and loves to help pick out her jewelry and bows to match her outfits.

Here are some pictures from Caitlin's birthday celebration (which started last weekend and ended today at Disneyland!):

Saturday:
Opening gifts:
Opening birthday and get-well cards that came in the mail:
At her "party" (with just Nana, Caitlin and me) at our
favorite sushi restaurant Saturday night:
Our server friends at the restaurant
surprised Caitlin with gifts, too!
On Sunday my mom and I took Caitlin up to Disneyland
for a few days. Caitlin loved meeting all the princesses!
(She was dancing with Aurora here):
She saw Aurora again today. My mom treated us to a character breakfast with the princesses! (Notice the lack of a stent!):
Posing with Goofy in our hotel lobby:
Hugs for Pluto:
Happy Birthday, Princess Caitlin!!

0 comments: