Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So far so good...

I don't want to speak too soon, since the 3rd day after surgery is usually the hardest, but so far Caitlin is doing amazingly well! We stopped by the pharmacy last night on the way home from the hospital to pick up Caitlin's prescriptions, then went to McDonald's to get her her very first milkshake! She loved it- and also ate some homemade applesauce I made for her. She wanted to take a bath, but she melted down in the tub so I put her to bed.

Neither of us slept well last night (I let her sleep with me so I could keep an eye on her, so I know that she was tossing and turning all night), so we got up early this morning. She didn't really want to eat, but I finally got her to eat some yogurt and the rest of her milkshake from last night. Getting her to drink has been a struggle, but I finally got a syringe today and she drank juice that way.

Caitlin looks kind of like she ran into a wall or something; her face is swollen, she has a splint over her nose and a tube coming out of each nostril, along with all of the stitches above and on her lip. She looks pitiful, but she is such a trooper!

She can't smile or move her lips much, but she started laughing this morning by opening her mouth slightly and just saying "eeeeee!" It's kind of cute (in a sad way)! She is talking, but without moving her lips and sounding very nasal, it's very hard to understand her. But typical Caitlin, she doesn't let anything stop her! She's still up to her devilish ways and trying to get herself in trouble!

After refusing to slow down this morning, we decided to take a walk in the park. That way I could strap Caitlin into the stroller and keep her out of trouble! She enjoyed it- and the fresh air was good for all of us!

0 comments: