Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Two years a family!

Today we celebrated Caitlin's second "Gotcha Day." I can't believe two years have passed already- how time flies! She has become such a part of my life that I honestly can't imagine life without her. It seems she's always been here! I am so thankful for these past two years, and I look forward to a lifetime of more memories!

Caitlin was very excited about her special day today, but unfortunately she has been fighting a nasty cold and is not feeling well (though from the pictures from today it may seem otherwise). She and I are visiting with family in New Jersey, and I had planned to take her for a tour of the Statue of Liberty today, but we settled for spending some time at Liberty Park instead- where Caitlin could play while enjoying amazing views of the Statue, Ellis Island, and NYC:

Posing with Lady Liberty behind her:
Across from the new World Trade Center buildings:
Goofing around in front of Ellis Island:
Tonight we had a mini-party with some of our family. Caitlin wanted pizza and cake, so that's just what she got! I let her pick out a cake this afternoon from the grocery store which we enjoyed after a yummy dinner at a local Italian restaurant:
Waiting patiently for her grandfather to cut her cake:
Demolishing her slice:
She likes it!

0 comments: