Monday, May 31, 2010

Care Package for Caitlin

This is a picture of the care package we sent Caitlin. It was fun- I love shopping for my girl!We decided to go through Ann at Red Thread. I figured it would cost us about the same to try to mail a package ourselves from the U.S., and with Ann I can be more sure that it will actually make it to the orphanage. If I send it myself it will probably only make it to the local post office, then someone from the orphanage has to go pick it up (possibly by bike). If the package is too big or too heavy, they may not be able to pick it up. And if the orphanage is too busy they may not even be able to send anyone to the post office. Ann knows how to get it sent directly to the orphanage's door. Plus she was able to get us those precious pictures and updated information last week! I cannot recommend Ann highly enough. She is wonderful!

Included in the care package is:

A pair of pajamas for Caitlin

A blanket

A toy

A baby photo album; I e-mailed pictures to Ann of Paul and me, Libby, and our house which she labeled put in the album for us

A disposable camera (we're hoping the nannies will use it to take pictures of Caitlin's everyday life at the orphanage; friends, nannies, her room, her crib, etc.)

Candies for the nannies

We were also able to write a letter to the orphanage, which Ann translated for us


I may try to send Caitlin another package a little later, but for now it just helps us to feel a little more connected to Caitlin. I totally wish I could just go over there and take care of her myself, but since that's not an option quite yet this will have to do for now!

1 comments:

ASH said...

VERY COOL!!!!