Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Caitlin seems to be having a much better day today (so far)! She still will not even let a bottle near her lips, but the nurse told me I could try giving her some broth with a spoon (VERY carefully- the spoon cannot enter her mouth, so I have to kind of dump the soup in her mouth. Only about half actually makes it in!), and she did have a few spoonfuls this morning. But she was so exhausted she just couldn't keep her eyes open, so I put her back down to rest.

About noon she woke up and was pretty upset. She didn't seem to be in pain, just really unhappy. I picked her up and held her, and she calmed down. The nurse brought some more broth, and this time she drank more. Still not enough, but it's a start! She was awake for a good 40 minutes, although I couldn't really call it 'alert.' She sat in my lap and stared at the TV; she was pretty zoned, but she could keep her eyes open and didn't cry so I was happy. I'm calling it progress!

0 comments: