Wednesday, December 1, 2010

No sooner had I finished the last post when the Fellow Resident came back by for a visit. Poor guy- we talked to him yesterday morning before the surgery, last night about 8 PM (so 13 hours later), then he was back here by 7 AM this morning. These people work hard and long! I'm really very impressed with this hospital and all the people I've met so far. Our nurse last night was really amazing; I just can't say enough nice things about her, and everyone we've spoken to or dealt with has just been top-notch!

Anyway, the doctor said her mouth looks great, and that our goal for today is to get her to drink something. He basically said in so many words that since she'd had such a rough day yesterday, and since she won't have any part of drinking anything, it doesn't look like we're going home today. He reminded me that the older babies have a harder time with this procedure and recovery, so this was expected. But I decided we'd both be a whole lot happier at home (of course!), so as soon as he left I tried so hard to get Caitlin to drink something. She won't have any part of it. She won't even let the bottle near her mouth. I'll try again later... now I need a shower! Caitlin has drifted back off to sleep, so I'd better hurry!

0 comments: