Friday, December 3, 2010

Caitlin's Surgery- Day 4

Caitlin had a low day today. I wanted to post some more pictures of her, but she just wasn't very happy and she didn't smile much.

Last night she woke up several times. She got out of her "no-no's" twice; the second time I went to give her some more pain medication because she was moaning and crying in her sleep and I found her with her thumb in her mouth! I absolutely panicked, as you can imagine! I hope she didn't do any damage, but she never bled so I'm taking that as a good sign.

This morning she woke up very whiny. She whined and cried all morning, then fell asleep on the bathroom floor while I was taking my shower. She took a good hour-long nap, even sleeping through me stepping over her while getting dressed. That set her naptime back, which set her bedtime back. Oh well, I'm really not worrying about schedules right now!

We tried to run to Target to stock up on baby food for her, and she whined and threw mini-tantrums the whole time. She usually LOVES Target- especially riding in the shopping cart- but not today. We came back home and she and I went outside for a bit to work on the yard, then she took a long nap. Normally I'll wake her up if she's not up by 5 PM so as not to mess up her bedtime, but tonight I just let her sleep. She didn't wake up until almost 6!

Tonight I managed to get her "no-no's" under her PJs so she can't possibly get out of them. Hopefully she'll sleep through the night, but she will probably need more pain meds. I can tell when it's time for another dose of the pain meds without even looking at the clock- she gets very cranky and whiny and starts playing with her mouth with her tongue. I was hoping to get her off the pain meds today and just try Tylenol, but with as unhappy as she obviously was I decided not to try it quite yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

0 comments: