Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nothing from USCIS...

Just to update, we still don't have our I-800A approval. On Saturday we received our appointment for fingerprints in the mail, so I canceled our appointment with USCIS for Monday (since our paperwork had reappeared and was no longer lost). The appointment was for next Monday, but we went this Monday instead, and asked if it would be possible to be fingerprinted a week early. Thankfully they were very nice and took us. We were told that as soon as our fingerprints were taken, they would be in the computer and USCIS would have them immediately. It would have been possible to be approved that day (in fact, I have heard of several people being approved the same day they were fingerprinted). However, here it is Thursday and we have nothing. We've had a few very strange communications from USCIS this week (I'll spare you the details), but still no answers. I'm getting terribly frustrated and discouraged...

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hello! I've been so out of touch lately. I just sat and read the last several months of your blog updates. I LOVE the new photos of Caitlin. She is BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait til she's in your arms! Oh, the fun you are going to have with this "cheerful child" (what an awesome name translation). I really hope you get quick TA and get to go bring her home sooner than November. But, regardless of when or how long it is til you do, it will be worth every minute of the wait! I am anxious to see what you discover when you meet her in terms of her palate repair. Her lip looks really good in the new photos. She has the prettiest eyes - and that little expression in the photo under the one of you, Paul and Libby at the top, is precious. The nursery looks beautiful and I'm sure she will love playing in there with all her new toys and reading books with Mama and Daddy. I'm so happy for both of you and look forward to sharing the excitment of when you finally get home with her. Please let me know if you need anything! I wanted to give you one little warning about your new back carrier thingie. I used one with Kina when we got home and practically wore her all the time. I was cooking in the kitchen one night and she grabbed the handle of the skillet while I was turned the other direction and pulled it off the stove. Thankfully, she wasn't burned nor was I but it made a huge mess and made me realize that when she was behind my back I couldn't really keep focus on her arms and reaching hands. It made me more cautious and aware of the dangers in the kitchen so just be careful when you're wearing her and she's grabbing and reaching for things. I switched to a Hip Hammock and loved it because it was less stress on my back and more natural way of holding her (riding on the hip basically) plus gave more face to face contact time. Love you and will pray for quick TA.